I have a confession to make.. I absolutely LOVE Valentine’s Day! From the chocolate covered strawberries, fancy dinners, beautiful red and pink roses, and I cannot forget those sweet greeting cards that melt my heart. I am gullible to it all and I’m not afraid to admit it. I’m a hopeless romantic deep down.
Before I started getting all lovey-dovey, I wanted to thank my friend Jennifer Zuri over at Town and Country Living for hosting this lovely Heartfelt and Handmade blog hop. At the end of this post, you will find 28 fun and meaningful projects to help spread some Valentine’s love with crafts, recipes, and DIY projects!
I believe that Valentine’s Day isn’t all about flowers and fancy dinners, it’s about showing how much you care to those dearest to you. With a little flour and fresh cranberries you can bake a little something that will warm everyone’s heart.
I love nothing more than baking sweet little desserts for my family, especially during fun holidays. Last year I made Vanilla Heart Cookies and this year I wanted to share this Cranberry Heart Pie recipe. It’s the perfect treat to share with your loved ones.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pie dough (I used the recipe from Martha Stewart )
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Honey to use as egg wash
- Make your pie dough and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your dough until it’s smooth and even. Once your dough is rolled out, place it in the bottom of a pie tin (I used 2 small heart shaped pie tins). or your cookie cutter and cut out your hearts. Remember that you will use 2 hearts for 1 pie.
- Place all the pie ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until the flour is incorporated. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the pie mixture in the pie plate and roll out more pie dough. Slice dough into strips for desired lattice top. You can get as fancy as you want and trim the edges.
- Brush honey along the border and the top of the pie crust. This will give your pie a golden crust.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool down and enjoy!
Wishing everyone a beautiful Valentine’s Day and don’t forget to check out more Heartfelt and Handmade inspiration below!