Spooky DIY Eyeball Terrarium
Halloween DIY’s are one of my all-time favorite things! Today I want to share with you my Spooky DIY Eyeball Terrarium. Every time I see it “I always feel like… somebody’s watching me” … ten points if you can name that tune! lol This DIY is easy to make and it won’t break the bank.
I know that some DIY’s can get expensive! Especially when you have to buy everything to make them. But, this one was right under $20 to make.
Let’s get started!
There are more DIYs at the end of this blog post that you don’t want to miss! A huge thanks to Krista of The Happy Housie for hosting this Seasonal Simplicity Fall Series!
Spooky DIY Eyeball Terrarium
1. Paint the round wood plaque and skewers with the black acrylic paint (I used ten skewers).
2. Paint the ping pong balls white with the acrylic paint. The dollar store ping pong balls already had an eyeball on them, but I wanted the ball a brighter white for a real effect. Let them dry completely and paint another coat on.
3. While the eyeballs are drying cut 1 inch thick pieces of the floral foam and hot glue it to the middle of the round wood plaque. Make sure it’s an inch smaller than the glass vase, that way the vase is able to go over it.
4. Hot glue a thick layer of moss, covering up the floral foam.
5. Once the ping pong balls are dry start drawing the eye (check the tutorial below for detailed step by step).
6. Cut the skewers in different sizes. Start by measuring the tallest one and cut down from that. You want to make different heights for the eyeballs.
7. Once your eyeballs are dry, poke a small hole on the bottom and place the black painted skewers in them. Once you have the black skewers on start arranging them on the moss.
8. Place the glass vase over it and you are done!
Have a Spooktacular day and don’t forget to check out MORE Halloween DIY ideas below!
Today I’m joined by a talented group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Halloween DIY ideas with you! Just click on the links below the images to be taken to see their full post…
DIY Potion Bottles with Printable Labels at The Happy Housie
DIY Halloween Prop from $2 Flatware Box at Confessions of a Serial Do It Yourselfer
DIY Halloween Centrepiece at House by Hoff
Modern Farmhouse Halloween Entry at Tatertots and Jello
Halloween Nougat Candy at A Pretty Life
DIY Halloween Floral Headband at Two Twenty One
Halloween Mantel with Free Printable at The Handmade Home
Painted Hudson’s Bay Blanket Pumpkins at The Heathered Nest
DIY Halloween Flag at Cassie Bustamante
Poison Apple Pumpkins at All Things With Purpose
Easy DIY Halloween Wreath at Modern Glam
Ghost Rice Krispie Squares at Life is a Party
How to Make a Halloween BOO Sign at My Sweet Savannah
Silly Spider Cookies at She Gave it a Go
Creepy Halloween Wreath at Hallstrom Home
DIY Potions and Magic Halloween Sign at Lolly Jane
Paper Staircase Mice at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Spooky DIY Eyeball Terrarium at Paint Me Pink
DIY Minimalist Halloween Wreath at Lemon Thistle
DIY Salt Dough Garland at Aratari at Home